Today’s article will reveal 10+ apps similar to PalmPay in Nigeria.
We all know PalmPay is one of the top fintech apps with many unique features, from savings to loan lending. PalmPay is a quick and safe app for sending money between friends in Nigeria and paying for the airtime, bills, and other services.
Despite its robust features, PalmPay still has shortcomings like transaction errors, long processing times, etc.
While the general public doesn’t well substantiate these claims, it’s always best to have an alternative to any financial step you take. Hence, people have resorted to finding other options in the market.
In this article, we unveil 10+ apps similar to PalmPay. Some apps offer more features than PalmPay, and some offer the same services as PalmPay, but they do better.
Without further ado, let’s unveil these apps. Are you ready? Let’s dive right in.
Here are 10+ apps similar to PalmPay:
Let’s examine them in more detail.
Opay is an electronic payment platform that enables customers to use its app to pay for goods and services. It supports a wide range of services for which you can pay. If you run out of airtime or data, you can quickly recharge your phone using OPay without leaving the house.
OPay is widely used throughout Africa, including in Nigeria. Over time, the platform has gained a lot of popularity. Thanks to the fintech platform’s extensive funding from investors.
The OPay app has a ton of incredible features. These qualities consist of the following:
- Buy Airtime: You can purchase airtime for other people and your mobile device. Currently, MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, and Airtel are supported.
- Buy Data: You can use the OPay app to top up your phone data on your MTN, Airtel, 9mobile, and GLO card.
- Pay Electricity Bill: With Opay, you can pay electricity bills. The currently supported distribution companies include Abuja, Eko, Ibadan, Ikeja, Kano, and Port Harcourt.
- Transfer money: You can make transfers to other Opay users and bank accounts.
- Fund your betting account: Your betting account can be funded using OPay. NairaBet, Bet9ja, Supabets, and Cloudbet are sports betting services currently supported by OPay.
- Subscribe to Pay TV: OPay enables you to watch your preferred Pay TV by letting you make payments via its platform. Pay TV services like DSTV, GOTV, and Startimes can easily be accessed.
- Pay with QR: This service allows you to pay for goods and services at physical locations conveniently.
- Receive Money with QR: With Opay, It’s now possible to send you money by scanning your QR code.
- Order food: You can place food orders from nearby neighbourhood restaurants.
- Make Investment: 10% annual interest is offered on investments by OWealth.
- List your Products and Services: OList is an ads site for posting classified ads where you can advertise your company.
- Get a Quick Loan: Get a quick short-term loan using the OKash service.
- Hail a Ride: OPay provides several different hailing services. You can hail bikes using ORide, cars using OCar (like Uber), tricycles using OTrike, and buses using OBus.
- Build an Online Presence: In minutes, you can create a website using the OLeads service. It is a straightforward, quick, and affordable way to give your company an online presence.
Pros of Opay
- No deposit or collateral is necessary is required to obtain a loan.
- Easy and free registration.
- They occasionally offer bonuses.
- Loan payments are processed quickly and safely.
Cons of Opay
- Privacy concerns.
- Loan repayment is expensive. There are less expensive alternatives. (Include a quote block to add loan lending apps)
- Loans are for the short term.
- It has a maximum borrowing amount.
PiggyVest is an online platform that offers financial planning tools to users. People can invest their money in various businesses through the platform and receive returns of up to 25% for as little as eight months or longer.
Learn how to create a PiggyVest account
Here are some of the features of PiggyVest:
- AutoSave: One of the main functions of the PiggyVest app is AutoSave. The feature automatically saves money for users. You can choose the time frame for PiggyVest to withdraw a certain amount from your bank account using the AutoSave feature, which is also flexible.
- Investify: Investify assists users in making investments in low-risk business ventures. The company has investigated and approved these investment opportunities. Every investment has a unique form of defence.
- Safelock: On PiggyVest, the Safelock feature enables users to lock up money until a specific time. Up to 13% of the money you lock is yours to earn. It functions like a fixed deposit. Your money will be automatically released for use after the specified time has passed. Numerous safe lock accounts are also possible.
- Target savings: You can consistently save money for a particular financial goal with Target Savings. You can set up a group savings challenge with your multiple users or a personal goal. With Target savings, you can set money aside for rent, vacation, new technology, and even starting a new business while increasing your income.
- PiggyFlex: All of your interest, savings, and target payments are made into PiggyFlex, which serves as your main account. You can take money from this account or send it to someone else. Anytime, anywhere, you can instantly withdraw money to your bank account.
- Flex Naira: Interests earned on all other PiggyVest wallets are paid into a flexible savings account called a Flex Naira. You can earn interest of 10% annually, but only if you take at least four monthly withdrawals. Your Flex account only allows you to withdraw once every 10 hours.
- Flex Dollar: Flex Dollar is a feature that enables you to transfer, save, and invest dollars.
More readings: PiggyVest interest rates.
Pros of PiggyVest
- Good Customer Service.
- Automated saving.
- Fast withdrawal.
- Lots of investment opportunities.
- Your funds and details are secured.
- Offers flexibility.
Cons of PiggyVest
- A charge of 5% is charged for each withdrawal.
- You can receive dollars but can’t transfer.
- You cannot access your funds on safelock even if you want to close your account completely.
FairMoney makes it simple to apply for a loan and receive funding in your bank account in minutes. Except for a few standout features, the Fairmoney instant loan app’s features are comparable to those of other instant loan apps.
Features of the FairMoney Loan App
FairSave: The flexibility of FairSave allows you to deposit and withdraw funds whenever you like with no restrictions. Additionally, it offers a 10% annual interest rate on all amounts saved with it.
FairLock: Similar to a fixed deposit account, FairLock offers an 18% annual interest rate on all money saved there and allowed you to save without restricting when you can withdraw it.
Pay bills: You can pay for your Electricity Bill and cable TV and buy Airtime and data with FairMoney Loan App.
Payday loans: The FairMoney payday loan is intended to give employees of businesses, ministries, parastatals, and other establishments a monthly overdraft.
Education: Anyone who earns a living from a job is eligible for a loan, including those who are self-employed, working for public or private companies, students, and government employees working in the public sector.
Business: The loans assist businesses in meeting their cash flow obligations on time.
- Within minutes, a loan is approved.
- No need for a guarantor or collateral
- Convenient repayment plan
- Low Maximum loan amount (₦40,000)
Is FairMoney legit or a scam, learn more here.
Chipper Cash is a free mobile app that lets users send money inside and outside Africa. Using Chipper Cash, you can also receive funds from other nations at a low cost for currency conversion.
Features of ChipperCash
- Sending Money and Receiving money: You can send and receive money using Chipper Cash to other registered users in your phonebook. Additionally, you can transfer funds to contacts who are not Chipper Cash users.
- Bill Payments: You can pay your TV, electricity, and internet bills with Chipper Cash. Personally, the process was quick and easy when I used the app to buy airtime. Additionally, you can buy airtime for someone on your contact list by tapping the “Contacts” button.
- Earn with Chipper: Share Chipper with your friends and coworkers to earn money. They also receive a cash bonus. There are no restrictions.
- Free Dollar Card(Virtual card) feature: For a limited time, purchases made with Chipper Cash virtual cards will earn 5% cashback. Anywhere that accepts Visa cards can accept its free dollar card for payments and purchases.
- Withdrawal: Chipper Cash provides free bill payments, airtime purchases, and other services. Nigerian users of the Chipper Wallet must use a bank account to withdraw money.
- Funding Wallet: For now, Nigerian users can only fund their Chipper Cash wallets with credit cards. For the first-time user, you must first deposit into your account before adding a bank card.
- Money Request: If you run out of money or owe someone, you can use Chipper Cash’s “Request” feature to ask your contacts or other Chipper Cash users for money.
- Money can be sent and received within and outside of your country.
- On Chipper Cash, sending money to recipients and beneficiaries is free. There are no fees for services.
- The Chipper Cash mobile app is intuitive and responsive.
- Locating your Chipper Cash account is simple.
- You can get paid when you refer friends and family to Chipper Cash.
- You can ask your loved ones for money when you have a pressing need.
- In Chipper Cash, there is readily available and trustworthy customer support.
- Any errors or system glitches are immediately rectified, and transactions are refunded.
- Chipper Cash provides anti-fraud protection.
- Extensive verification procedure
- Absence of escrow functionality
Get N1,000 bonus when you sign on Chipper Cash
You can obtain a loan without providing any collateral through Palmcredit, a loan app owned by Newedge Finance Limited in Nigeria. With Palmcredit, you can quickly apply for loans without having to worry about putting up any collateral.
Palmcredit is distinctive for having enticingly low-interest rates. It might be a popular loan provider in the nation due to this feature.
Key Features of Palmcredit
- Borrow Airtime: with this feature, you can borrow Airtime anytime you want and pay it back within 14 days.
- Get a Loan: In a matter of minutes, you can borrow any amount you want for your personal and business needs.
- No collateral and no documentation.
- In a matter of seconds, your loan will be approved and deposited into your account.
- Periodically, discount bonuses and vouchers will be given to you, lowering the amount you must repay.
- No transaction fees, rollover fees, or hidden costs.
- Short repayment period.
- The most you can borrow from Palmcredit is N100,000.
GoMoney is an online bank that gives Nigerians access to fintech and digital banking services; it also offers peer-to-peer payment options and integrated third-party services.
In essence, the digital bank builds you a banking platform. This platform is convenient, easy to use, and stress-free.
Key Features of GoMoney
- Split bills: In essence, you can create a group where you can split bills using the split bills feature. You can easily make a group, give it a name, and invite your loved ones. You can split anything once your invitation has been accepted.
- GoMoney card: This resembles a traditional bank card. From your online account, you can manage and activate this card. You also have access to a tracking function that logs transactions. Opening an account allows you to access all of these services.
- Payment: Through the digital platform, you can send money to anyone, request money from anyone, and send receipts. Additionally, the platform lets you pay anyone using links or QR codes. For this kind of transaction, you don’t need to know specifics.
- Versatile Virtual Cards: Virtual cards are now a common feature of most online banks. This function is an alternative to physical debit cards in that it enables users to carry out all of their transactions without running the risk of the card being misplaced, stolen, or damaged.
- Financial Reports Like Never Before: This feature approaches financial reporting entirely differently. The “Reports” feature of the app, which is located next to the “Home” icon, categorizes a user’s income and expenses and provides a thorough breakdown of the specific items that support these figures.
- Tracking Options: You can see how much you’ve spent and on whom with GoMoney.
Pros of GoMoney
- You can purchase airtime and pay bills on the app.
- You can send and receive money from anyone, ask for payments, and remind people who owe you for making payments.
- You can also create a split group, classify it, and invite your friends. This enables you and the guests to divide costs like transportation, food, movies, etc.
- To speed up online transactions on your app, GoMoney also provides a virtual debit card.
Cons of GoMoney
- GoMoney doesn’t lend money or make loans. This indicates that the app’s loan services still need to be available.
- One GoMoney account can only be created per device.
Renmoney is a microfinance institution that prides itself on being Nigeria’s most practical lender. Thanks to innovations that provide exceptional customer service. They offer loans between N50,000 and N6 million for microloans to both individuals and small businesses.
Key Features of RenMoney
If you make on-time payments, your next loan will have lower rates and a more extended repayment period.
No paperwork, security, or guarantor is required. You always see your loan terms before you commit; there are no hidden fees.
The minimum loan repayment term is three months, and the maximum loan repayment term is twelve months.
The range of monthly interest rates is 2.65% to 9.89%, with a maximum annual percentage rate (APR) of 35.76%.
There are no additional fees.
Pros of RenMoney
- Their loan amount needs to be more significant to help you reach your short-term financial goals.
Cons of RenMoney
- Interest rates are high.
- Poor customer service
- RenMoney loans are typically for the borrower’s residence in Lagos; however, you might only be aware of this after your application has been rejected.
Read more: Is Renmoney legit?
Kuda is a top-notch mobile app and digital bank fully authorized and governed by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Key Features of KudaBank
- No maintenance fees for ATM cards.
- Withdrawals of cash are free.
- To other Nigerian banks, there are no transfer fees.
- Free Deposits: As a KudaBank account holder, you can make free deposits at any of Nigeria’s more than 10,000 bank branches.
Pros of KudaBank’s
- It allows you to save with ease.
- Low banking fees.
- Good customer care.
Cons of KudaBank
- NIBSS issues: NIBSS facilitates money transfers, and when the service is down, you will be unable to make transfers.
- Vulnerable to bad networks
- You can only access KudaBank with your smartphone.
Read more: Is Kuda Bank legit?
The Mota Cash online platform allows you to obtain an instant loan without providing collateral. It provides financial assistance to Nigerian citizens in need. If you meet their loan requirements, you can get money right away.
The use of Mota Cash Loan is simple and cost-free. You can complete your loan application in a few minutes without stress. Their customer service will always be there to help and support you.
Key Features of Motacash
- Peer-to-Peer Wallet: With these features, a user has the chance to find and connect with local traders with whom he can pursue buying and selling transactions with the help of this application.
- Secure Transactions: Safe and secure transactions are an essential priority at Mota Coin. For added security, it offers fingerprint wallet authentication in addition to blockchain-based transactions.
- Referral Reward: A user on this cryptocurrency trading platform can take advantage of a unique benefit to earn Free Mota Coins for each download and referral they make.
- Easy Tracking: To help users make wise decisions, Mota Coin offers simple access to real-time data and cryptocurrency prices.
Pros of Motacash
- Low-interest rates
- No collateral
- Super fast in Processing loan
Cons of Motacash
- You can only borrow from N1,000-N50,000
Prospa is another fintech platform that claims to give business owners all the tools they need in one app to launch, develop, and monitor their enterprises.
The Prospa app was formally introduced in 2019 to offer banking and business management tools to help MSMEs business owners manage their operations more efficiently.
Key Features of Prospa
- Virtual Cards: The cards are free and uniquely created, except for the black-coloured ones. The platform claims that ATM and POS transactions can also be completed using physical cards. The physical cards are used for business operational costs, while the virtual cards are used for online purchases.
- Sub-accounts: One of the most intriguing features of the Prospa app is the sub-account feature. Due to this feature, business owners can set up an infinite number of sub-accounts linked to the main bank account but have different account numbers, such as tax, salary, and so forth. Its goal is to simplify financial management.
- Inventory tools: You can quickly generate your account statements using the Prospa App. The app accomplishes its purpose with its various distinctive business management tools. It records cash sales, outlays, supplier, employee, and customer information. Users can use a bookkeeper tool, set revenue goals, make budgets, and automate payments.
- POS devices: Physical cards work well with POS machines that can be delivered to business owners.
- Safety and security: Users of the Prospa App can use fingerprint ID for two-factor authentication and a time-based password. According to the platform, both its database and uploaded images are encrypted. Only legitimate Nigerian businesses may receive approval.
Pros of Prospa App
- Excellent website and onboarding
- Flexibility in repayment
- Fast application process
Cons of Prospa
- Fees can be high if you miss payments or default.
- I observed that the app exclusively uses Wema Bank. It is preferable if other banks can be used.
- Research indicates that it occasionally requires time for money to appear on the app.
- Additionally, it’s said that the majority of accounts are verified within 24 hours.
Aella is a fintech company that simplifies instant credit and payment solutions for developing markets.
Africans now have easier access to financing thanks to the Aella App, an online lending platform for unbanked and underbanked people in emerging markets.
Features of Aella
- Loans: Aella App still enables loan access. The platform advertises that it can provide loans in just five minutes and offers accessible credit options. Users must download the Aella app, create an account, finish setting up their profiles, determine their eligibility, submit an application for the loan they want, and then get their money.
- Investments: Aella Note is the investment feature of the app. Users can invest safely and securely with Notes because they can see exactly where their money is going and how much to expect. The interest rate for investments on Notes is up to 26% annually. The notes have a minimum investment requirement of $10,000 and a maximum investment limit of $100,000,000. Depending on the length of the investment, different interest rates apply to investors.
- Insurance: Aella App has partnered with Hygeia HMO to make purchasing health insurance much more straightforward. They offer a streamlined procedure that enables you to purchase highly affordable micro-health insurance plans via the app.
- Bill Payments: You can make different types of payments using the app. From the Internet to TV to airtime and mobile data
Pros of Aella
- Flexible repayment options
- The loan benefits owners of small businesses.
- You don’t need a guarantee or collateral.
Cons of Aella
- The interest rate is high.
Read more: Is Aella loan legit?
Kredi Bank is an African one-stop shop for digital financial services. Kredi Bank is committed to providing consumers with financial service products that are simple to use and completely accessible. They have a full license from Nigeria’s central bank.
Features of Kredibank
- Kredi Savings: You can save money with Kredi Savings and receive enticing returns.
- Kredi loans: This provides loans to both individuals and businesses to ensure the efficient operation of the business.
- Kredi Digital Banking services: With Kredi, you can seamlessly make a transfer, fund your account, and pay your bills quickly.
Pros of Kredibank
- User friendly
- Great customer service
Cons of Kredibank
- The date of the birth field during registration only works for some users because the app still has some bugs that prevent users from registering.
- High loan rejection rates mean you might work hard and provide all your information only to be rejected for a loan.
Why go for apps similar to PalmPay
PalmPay is a great app, but other similar apps like PalmPay, as listed in this article, are worth trying.
These apps are designed to transform digital services and provide clients with digital financial services. A saying states that you shouldn’t lay all your eggs in one basket. It would be best if you didn’t stay too reliant on one fintech app.
You can choose the list of apps above that can serve you better and give you the financial services and freedom you deserve.
These 10+ similar PalmPay apps are worth trying, so make your pick and enjoy its benefits.
Although most of these platforms advertise financial services and quick loans without any form of security, it is wise to carefully review their Terms & Conditions (T&C) before applying.
When applying for a loan in any of these apps, you should consider the interest rate and payback period before proceeding with your application.
So, tell me, from our list, which app are you currently using? I will be in the comments section.